Hopefully...

Yesterday my son reminded me that he had only two weeks left at home before leaving for college. Of course, he needn't have said anything; it would be hard not to remember— every corner of our house is cluttered with  pre-college preparations. Blankets and pillows, sheets and towels, sneakers, sweaters, toiletries...my son will be leaving home with the best of everything we can afford.

Hopefully, he'll also be leaving with more than what we pack in crates and backpacks. 

Hopefully, he'll be leaving with a true sense of who he is and what he can accomplish. Hopefully, he already carries with him an awareness of his unique and immeasurable value. In this complicated and often contentious world, I hope he holds onto his positive attitude, his faith, and his individual voice. I hope he keeps his open and empathetic heart. Most of all, I hope he knows how much he is loved and how much he will be missed. 

Two weeks. Not a very long time. Especially with so much shopping, laundry and packing left to be done. 

Hopefully, the essentials were safely tucked away a long time ago.


one of the neater, more photogenic piles...







SaveSave

Comments

Popular Posts