Mama Said


It might have been the most brilliant blog post ever. Words and ideas had been tumbling in my brain all morning. I knew just what I wanted to say and how I wanted to say it. Poetry rather than prose this month. Wow. What a first line! What a metaphor! Let me just finish what I started yesterday. I just need to attach this one PDF file then I'll hit send and blast out this month's post. The new website is still not up and running (getting closer) but I do want to keep up my blog. I've been neglecting it lately and want to settle down and write something more heartfelt. Been thinking about what I wanted to say for days, and this morning, the perfect words popped into my head. Haven't set anything down yet, but the whole  poem is practically written already.  Already the morning sun has burned off  yesterday's leftover clouds and it's going to be a glorious day. I'll get so much done! First the blog post, then  back to my WIP. Pour the coffee and get cracking! Such a great opening line...such a great metaphor...

Hmm..... wonder why my PDF files are inaccessible...hmm...it's always been so easy to convert PAGES into PDF....let me try this..nope.... still gray... hmm...just downloaded an update—better check the support sites, maybe there's a glitch...oh, here's something, I''ll try that...hmm! guess not...let me try—nope...maybe I should just call support...I don't want to waste time with so many words tumbling in my brain...hello, yes, well I already tried that but I'll try again...nope still gray...still gray...sure I'll share my screen...sure I'll hold...hmm...another royal baby...another political  rally...oh, hello, yes, yes, I'm still here...again...try that again?...nope, still gray...shut down and restart? no problem...nope, still gray.... what keys do you want me to hold down again? oh, ok...yes the screen is blinking...yes, the apple is back...yes, I let go of the start button...nope..files are still gray...still gray...still gray...well yes, I understand...updates have glitches...I understand...thanks for the work-around tip...I'm sure the problem will be resolved shortly...thanks for your help...

The late afternoon sun bathes the yard in a coppery light and my brilliant blog post? Up in smoke, gray and irretrievable as my phantom files... mama said there'd be days like this.




Comments

Popular Posts