Stolen moments and November Haiku

It seems the more I write, the more I have to say and the more fears I have that there will never be enough hours in the day.  So many characters inhabit my mind and I am eager to meet them all and to find the words to tell their story. Sometimes I wonder if all writers feel this uncomfortable urgency or if it's simply my age... maybe too, it's the busyness of the season, the added demands of shopping and baking, cleaning and wrapping.  Whatever the cause,  my mind seems unusually cluttered and time exponentially tapered to a few stolen moments. Hence, this short blog entry ~ a determined nod to an earlier resolution to post at least a few words monthly. There is much to write about in November and I considered a number of topics: adoption, my father, blue-winged bullies back at the bird feeder (bullies in general) and a growing list of things for which I am thankful. In an effort to stretch my stolen moments, I offer instead this brief November Haiku:



Hungry birds return.
A cold, somber gray settles
on a broken world.


Though, that being too dismal, I steal a few more moments to offer another November Haiku:


In the gray stillness,
a vivid flutter of wings,
a shift into joy!


Whatever your mood ~ however cluttered your mind as we enter this busy holiday season, may you steal a few moments to shift into joy!


Comments

  1. Hi Ann! That was wonderful xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful...you always seem to capture what I'm feeling...I love you...your biggest fan and your brother...Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you Michael ~ thanks for your support 💕

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts