A POEM IN BOXES

Through out my school-visit career I have been increasingly impressed by the awareness and sensitivity of  our young people. Most recently, I was inspired by the students of the Irma Rangel Young Women's Leadership school in Dallas, Texas whose mission is to provide young ladies in grade 6 through 12 with a global education that emphasizes mathematics, science, and technology in a rigorous Pre-Advanced Placement academic environment.  

During the pandemic, all school visits have been through zoom and since April is National Poetry Month, I was moved to write the poem below. It is dedicated to the young women in the Irma Rangel Leadership School, but it is reflective of the thoughtful questions, open hearts and courageous vision demonstrated by all the young people I have visited via zoom during this difficult year.  

Verses start in upper left corner and read in a circle to my final wish for each student I've been lucky enough to meet through zoom. 



Comments

Popular Posts